Friday, January 9, 2009

IVF Consult

We met with Dr. Khan about our consult today. It looks like we're going to head towards IVF if this last IUI doesn't do the trick. I actually feel peaceful since making this decision. Sure it's a crap load of money but it's going to give us a 50% chance of success each try. Our doctor is confident that we'll be accepted into Shared Risk which will give us 6 tries at a fixed fee. If we don't bring a baby home after six tries then we get 100% of the money back. We'll be doing ICSI which will take care of all of the steps towards pregnancy except implantation. I feel really positive about this. Hopefully we'll get the financial aspect together soon and be expecting a baby in a few months.

1 comment:

  1. So glad it went well. And as always, I hope you don't even need it cause IUI #2 does the trick! :)